Avant-Garde is not your average art advisory.
In addition to offering expertise on art and the art market, we work with our clients to cultivate art appreciation as a conscious experience.
What does that mean?
We believe that art is an expression of our shared consciousness; artists tap into this elevated awareness, and put it into form, for the purpose of sharing it with us. But many of us suppress this intuitive connection to art in favor of a material or intellectual one.
Avant-Garde encourages clients to take a more mindful approach to art, to select pieces that enhance not only their lived spaces, but their own conscious awareness as well. Rather than conceiving of art-buying as “collecting” (a possessive notion), we encourage buyers to think of themselves as caretakers or hosts, welcoming the art into their space like an honored guest that will share its beauty and wisdom.
This concept was inspired by principal Emily Casden’s own reflection on her relationship to art. With her unique experience as a curator and appraiser, Emily will always add her art historical and market knowledge to her advisory practice, so clients can make informed decisions. But art that touches your soul is always the best investment–it will bring you joy for life!
As your art advisor, Avant-Garde will:
- Work with you to identify what art resonates with you on a deeper level
- Conduct extensive market research to select the right pieces for you
- Broker the terms of sale to your best advantage
- Facilitate the logistics of transporting, framing and installing work
- Provide collection management support, such as facilitating conservation and loans, as needed
If you’re looking to downsize your collection, Avant-Garde will…
- Research the primary and secondary markets to determine the best venue to take your artwork–including auction houses, dealerships, galleries, museums, or other charitable institutions
- Negotiate the terms of sale with each venue to your best advantage
- Facilitate the logistics of safely transporting the work to the venue
We believe art is for everybody—we can work with a range of budgets. Contact us for more information on how we can serve you.